I love soup! It’s one of my favorite things to eat for so many reasons. It is almost always quick and easy to make, offers a ton of variety, and makes you feel good. So, since January is National Soup Month, I decided to share some of my top ten favorite soups…ever!
- Chicken Soup ~ My mom makes the BEST chicken soup. Hers requires a little more effort than I typically put into making any kind of soup. However, I am planning to ask her for a lesson so I can post it here like I did when she taught my son how to make gnocchi from scratch.
- Lentil Soup ~If you’re looking for a cost effective way to make lentil soup, buying the dry beans is the way to go. However, if time is not on your side, canned is just as good (in my opinion).
- Greek Chicken Lemon Rice Soup ~ I haven’t tried this recipe yet. I bookmarked it a few months ago when a friend of mine shared it on Facebook. It looks super easy to make and I cannot wait to taste it.
- French Onion ~ There aren’t enough words to describe how much I LOVE french onion soup. I’ve never made it from scratch, but it is on my list of things to do.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup ~ Mexican food, in general, is at the top of my list of favorite things to eat. I could eat chicken tortilla soup every day (paired with either cheese quesadillas OR cheese enchiladas) and not get tired of it.
- Cream of Broccoli Soup ~ Someday, I will learn how to make this. I absolutely love cream of broccoli soup, BUT I am very picky on how it’s prepared. I don’t like the ones that have a heavy cheesy flavor.
- Italian Wedding Soup ~ I’ve eaten this a couple of ways. Some people use mini meatballs while others use Italian sausage. In both cases, I love the heartiness of this soup.
- Pasta e Fagioli ~ Means “pasta and beans” in Italian. Another hearty soup that could easily be a meal all by itself.
- Cream of Potato Soup ~ The same applies to cream of potato soup as what I said above for cream of broccoli. The cheese ratio is important. Sometime, less really is more. Oh…and don’t forget the bits of bacon!
- Egg Drop Soup ~ Perfect when you’re looking for something light, but still want some protein. Very easy to make and I love the “pastina” (little pasta) that goes in it.
Are any of your top ten favorite soups on my list?
For more soup inspiration, check out my friend Nicole’s blog: Pretty Opinionated. Her round-up with 23 Delicious Soup Recipes to Get You Through the Winter will warm you right up!